from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or typical of this world; secular.
- adj. Relating to, characteristic of, or concerned with commonplaces; ordinary.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. worldly, earthly, profane, vulgar as opposed to heavenly
- adj. Pertaining to the Universe, cosmos or physical reality, as opposed to the spiritual world.
- adj. ordinary; not new
- adj. tedious; repetitive and boring
- n. A person considered to be "normal", not part of the elite group.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the world; worldly, as contrasted with
heavenly; earthly; terrestrial.
- adj. Commonplace; ordinary; banal.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Belonging to this world; worldly; terrestrial; earthly: as, this mundane sphere; mundane existence.
- In astrology, relating to the horizon, and not to the ecliptic.
- n. A dweller in this world.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. concerned with the world or worldly matters
- adj. belonging to this earth or world; not ideal or heavenly
- adj. found in the ordinary course of events
Middle English mondeine, from Old French mondain, from Latin mundānus, from mundus, world.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin mundanus, from mundus ("world"). (Wiktionary)