American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or inhabiting the earth.
- n. An inhabitant of the earth; a terrestrial.
- n. Variant of tellurion.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining, relating to, or characteristic of the earth or an inhabitant of the earth.
- n. An inhabitant of the earth: so called with reference to supposed inhabitants of other planets.
- n. Same as tellurion.
- adj. Of or relating to, or inhabiting the Earth.
- adj. mineralogy Describing minerals containing tellurium.
- n. An inhabitant of the Earth.
- n. alternative spelling of tellurion.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Of or pertaining to the earth.
- n. A dweller on the earth.
- n. An instrument for showing the operation of the causes which produce the succession of day and night, and the changes of the seasons.
- adj. of or relating to or inhabiting the land as opposed to the sea or air
- n. an inhabitant of the earth
“The countenance of selfless mercy that occurs both in tellurian beings as great as many animal species.”
“Forrest Li: Middle East will take a lead in tellurian gaming industry.”
“tellurian' [Greek: kat exochaen] and if solar, yet as in the solidity and dark 'nucleus' of the sun.”
“This is unequivocally some-more critical than the probability which the small scientists have been faking tellurian warming interpretation to allege the domestic agenda.”
“On a suit finished by Jim Finneman, as well as seconded by James Whitmer, it was motionless to demeanour in to acquiring an magistrate or a tellurian services deputy for Buffalo Rapids Project.”
“China as well as Russia affianced to enhance information exchnage as well as cooperation concerning finance, taxation as well as promissory note to deal with a tellurian financial crisis, pronounced a corner communiqu released Wednesday by a two countries.”
“The lawyers pronounced they felt a Ambassador listened carefully to issues associated to sacrament as good as tellurian rights in China.”
“Its 2008 as well as he wants to forestall the tellurian monetary crash.”
“Gathering Time will be behaving selections from their new CD, Songs of Hope as well as Freedom, that have been testimony to a beauty as well as essential element of a tellurian spirit.”
“The Triads packed people in, a sanitation was negligible, a pollution overwhelming, as good as a crime of a tellurian spirit complete.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘tellurian’.
Some more words for intermediate and advanced spellers.
Relating to sci-fi or outer space.
You ain't read no English til you read Joyce.
Catch-all for things culled from Weird and Wonderful Words, More Weird and Wonderful Words, and Totally Weird and Wonderful Words, by Erin McKean, et al.
how many words can I make mine this summer?
A roster of adjectives that infrequently surface in typical conversation and writing. Many are dredged from scientific or other technical jargon or sieved from examples of disused archaic forms.
wrong answers + attractive new vocab
Words I didn't know that might come in handy one day...
Looking for tweets for tellurian.