from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the earth; earthly.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. pertaining to the earth; earthly, terrestrial, worldly as opposed to heavenly
- n. The Earth's surface; the earth; the ground.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A tureen.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the earth; earthy.
- adj. Earthy; terrestrial.
- n. The earth's surface; the earth.
- n. The surface of the ground.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The surface of the earth.
- Of or pertaining to the earth; earthly; terrestrial: as, terrene substance.
- n. The earth.
- n. See terrine, tureen.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or inhabiting the land as opposed to the sea or air
- adj. belonging to this earth or world; not ideal or heavenly
Middle English, from Latin terrēnus, from terra, earth(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Anglo-Norman, from Latin terrenus, from terra ("earth"). (Wiktionary)