from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who is absorbed by worldly pursuits and pleasures.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a mundane person, preoccupied with worldly matters rather then spiritual affairs
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A person whose soul is set upon gaining temporal possessions; one devoted to this world and its enjoyments.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who is worldly; one devoted to the affairs and interests of this life.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an inhabitant of the earth
- n. a person absorbed by the concerns and interests and pleasures of the present world
From world + -ling. (Wiktionary)