from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A person specializing in canon law.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An expert in canon law
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A professor of canon law; one skilled in the knowledge and practice of ecclesiastical law.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One skilled in ecclesiastical or canon law.
- n. One who lays down canons or laws for guidance in the systematic or scientific treatment of a subject.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. pertaining to or characteristic of a body of rules and principles accepted as axiomatic; e.g.
- n. a specialist in canon law
Sorry, no etymologies found.