from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To train too much: a coach who overtrained the athletes before the championship.
- intransitive v. To engage in excessive training: a boxer who overtrained.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To train too much or too long.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To carry the process of training (athletic or mental) beyond the limits of safety, resulting in a physical breakdown.
- To subject to excessive training.
Sorry, no etymologies found.