from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Appropriate for ordinary days or routine occasions: a suit for everyday wear.
- adj. Commonplace; ordinary: everyday worries.
- n. The ordinary or routine day or occasion: "It was not an isolated, violent episode. It had become part of the everyday” ( Sherry Turkle).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. appropriate for ordinary use, rather than for special occasions
- adj. commonplace, ordinary
- adv. Common misspelling of every day.
- n. the ordinary or routine day or occasion
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Used or fit for every day; common; usual.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to daily or common life or occasions; used or occurring habitually; suitable for or that may be seen every day; common; usual; as, every-day clothing or employments; an every-day event or scene.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. found in the ordinary course of events
- adj. commonplace and ordinary
- adj. appropriate for ordinary or routine occasions
Sorry, no etymologies found.