from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To pay or pay for beforehand.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To pay in advance, or beforehand; as, to prepay postage.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To pay in advance, or beforehand.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To pay beforehand, as for an article before getting possession of it, or for service before it has been rendered: as, to prepay a subscription; to prepay postage or freight.
- To pay the charge upon in advance: as, to prepay a letter or a telegram; to prepay an express parcel.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. pay for something before receiving it
Sorry, no etymologies found.