from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- v. Past participle of speak.
- adj. Expressed orally; uttered: spoken words.
- adj. Speaking or using speech in a specified manner or voice. Often used in combination: soft-spoken; plainspoken.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Relating to speech
- adj. Speaking in a specified way
- v. Past participle of speak
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Uttered in speech; delivered by word of mouth; oral.
- adj. Characterized by a certain manner or style in speaking; -- often in composition.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Uttered; oral: opposed to written.
- Speaking: in composition: as, a civil-spoken man.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. uttered through the medium of speech or characterized by speech; sometimes used in combination
Sorry, no etymologies found.