from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To twine around or together: The ivy entwined the column.
- intransitive v. To twine or twist together.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To twist or twine around something (or one another)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To twine, twist, or wreathe together or round.
- intransitive v. To be twisted or twined.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To twine; twist round.
- To become twisted or twined.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. spin,wind, or twist together
- v. tie or link together
en- + twine (Wiktionary)