from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To state as an opinion.
- intransitive v. To express an opinion: opined on the defendant's testimony.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of a class of organic compounds, derived from amino acids, found in some plant tumours
- v. To have or express an opinion; to state as an opinion; to suppose, consider (that).
- v. To give one's formal opinion (on or upon something).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- v. To have an opinion; to judge; to think; to suppose.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To think; suppose.
- To think; be of opinion that.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. expect, believe, or suppose
- v. express one's opinion openly and without fear or hesitation
Harper is probably the best leader on offer but, as comedian Dennis Miller might opine, that is like being the smartest kid in summer school.
'opine' -- and that innumerable things were within your horizon which had no place within mine.
(Not for the least of reasons which include being able to use a form of the word "opine".)
I guess we aren't going to hear Ann "opine" about Rudy's Shag Fund...
But that's what I was referring to in my first post in this thread: Ever since you stated your intention to "opine" about Rudy's shag fund, I have been looking forward to hearing your take on it, primarily because I know that you at least appear to be a Giuliani supporter.
She just didn't kind of opine about things; she actually led.
She just didn't kind of opine about things, she actually led.
Let such as opine that the shadow of great personages can conceal the ineptitude of authors, make the most of this advantage. '
I just wanted you to kind of opine on how you are achieving those cost reductions.
We are seeing a little bit, and little bit is the operative word there, softer results in February than we saw in the fourth quarter but it's not an important month to us and I really don't have enough information now to kind of opine on our forward business.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.