from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To combine (things) again.
- intransitive v. To combine again.
- intransitive v. Genetics To undergo or cause recombination; form new combinations.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. to combine again, especially to reassemble the parts of something previously taken apart in a different manner
- v. to undergo recombination
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To combine again.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To combine again.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. to combine or put together again
- v. undergo genetic recombination
- v. cause genetic recombination
Sorry, no etymologies found.