from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Mathematics Of or relating to a transformation of coordinates that is equivalent to a linear transformation followed by a translation.
- adj. Mathematics Of or relating to the geometry of affine transformations.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Assigning finite values to finite quantities.
- adj. Describing a function expressible as (which is not linear, but is similar).
- adj. Of or pertaining to a transformation that maps parallel lines to parallel lines and finite points to finite points.
- adj. Having mutual affinity, of two materials.
- n. A relative by marriage.
- v. To refine.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To refine.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Related; akin; affined.
- n. A relative by marriage; one akin.
- To refine. Holland.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (anthropology) kin by marriage
- adj. (anthropology) related by marriage
- adj. (mathematics) of or pertaining to the geometry of affine transformations
French affin, closely related, from Old French; see affined.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)