from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To make reluctant or averse.
- intransitive v. To be unwilling.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Opposite of to incline; to make reluctant.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To incline away the affections of; to excite a slight aversion in; to indispose; to make unwilling; to alienate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make averse or indisposed; make unwilling.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make unwilling
Sorry, no etymologies found.