from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To make averse; disincline.
- transitive v. To cause to be or feel ill; sicken.
- transitive v. To render unfit; disqualify.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To render unfit or unsuited; to disqualify.
- v. To make indisposed, or slightly unwell.
- v. To disincline.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To render unfit or unsuited; to disqualify.
- transitive v. To disorder slightly as regards health; to make somewhat.
- transitive v. To disincline; to render averse or unfavorable
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To render averse or unfavorable; disincline.
- To render unfit or unsuited; disqualify.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make unwilling
- v. make unfit or unsuitable
- v. cause to feel unwell
Sorry, no etymologies found.