from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To place in a hospital for treatment, care, or observation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To send to hospital; to admit (a person) to hospital.
- v. To render (a building) unfit for habitation, by long continued use as a hospital.
- v. To cause (a person) to require hospitalization.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To render (a building) unfit for habitation, by long continued use as a hospital.
- transitive v. To place (a person) in a hospital in order to receive medical treatment, observation, or for rest.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. admit into a hospital
Sorry, no etymologies found.