from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To entangle, involve, or catch in or as if in a mesh. See Synonyms at catch.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To mesh; to tangle or interweave in such a manner as not to be easily separated, particularly in a mesh or net like manner.
- v. To involve in such complications as to render extrication difficult
- v. To involve in difficulties.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To catch or entangle in, or as in, meshes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To inclose in or as if in meshes; immesh; entangle; snare.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. entangle or catch in (or as if in) a mesh
en- + mesh (Wiktionary)