American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The 20th letter of the Hebrew alphabet. See Table at alphabet.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A frequent dialectal variant of rush.
- n. The twentieth letter of the Hebrew alphabet, corresponding to the English r. Its numerical value is 200.
- n. The twentieth letter of many Semitic alphabets/abjads (Phoenician, Aramaic, Hebrew, Syriac, Arabic and others).
- n. the 20th letter of the Hebrew alphabet
- From Proto-Semitic *raʾš- (“head”). (Wiktionary)
- Hebrew rêš, of Aramaic or Phoenician dialectal origin; see rאš in Semitic roots. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“[Hebrew letter 'resh'] for a [Hebrew letter 'daleth'].”
“Chris Travers says: resh: Having said that, I would question any precedential nod upon Marsh.”
“So I've tentatively extrapolated that gamma, delta, iota, chi, and rho are *cemla (cf. gimel), *talta (cf. daleth), *eiata (cf. yod), *χei and *rusa (cf. resh).”
“But this also means the Leon Stickle offside(s) call goes back on the mantel.resh(Quote)”
“April 6, 2010, 7:56 pm resh says: ...than a bottle in front of me.reshQuote”
“I thinx iz teh go to profeel/reef resh thingie in teh upper rite.”
“Ai nawt shur whu haz or haz nawt had tu deel wif deep-resh-uns, but iz a hyooj gift tu be wif frenz whu nawt say, “Yu iz crazeh” or “Oh, just snap out uv it!” or anyfing lyk taht, n give teh hugs n fings insted.”
“[F] resh mathematical analysis of shows there are complex grammatical rules.”
“Deed mai resh… riischu… Ai lukt et oop… I lernt et frum Gibbocat!”
“Normle servyss will be resh – ris – will start agayne shortlee”
Looking for tweets for resh.