Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or habit of procrastinating; a putting off to a future time; delay; dilatoriness.
- n. The act of postponing, delaying or putting off, especially out of habitual carelessness or laziness.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The act or habit of procrastinating, or putting off to a future time; delay; dilatoriness.
- n. the act of procrastinating; putting off or delaying or defering an action to a later time
- n. slowness as a consequence of not getting around to it
- From Latin prōcrāstinātiō, from prōcrāstinō ("procrastinate"), from prō + crāstinus ("of tomorrow"), from crās ("tomorrow"). (Wiktionary)
“And now my procrastination is yours. posted by Matthew @ 1: 30 PM”
“To be sure, there are many more underlying causes to what we call procrastination, most of which require keen self awareness and the willingness to learn and grow.”
“However, dealing with procrastination is never easy, I have to admit.”
“In this space procrastination is not invited and I like that.”
“Chronic procrastination is the symptom of an underlying psychological disorder not the diagnosis.”
“Writing, in ways that extend way beyond social media and procrastination, is really very much about discipline.”
“My way around procrastination is to stand up at my desk rather than sitting which works surprisingly well.”
““My way around procrastination is to stand up at my desk””
“One of my favourite forms of procrastination is searching out food blogs when I can't decide what my characters will eat for a meal.”
“Another frequent component of procrastination is the expectation of perfection: the words have to be right, and there's no point in starting until you are confident that they will be.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘procrastination’.
The bang, the cannonade,
the bale, the hum.
Buzzwords of our time
The new favourite words of people on Twitter.
A script searches Twitter for "X is my new favourite word" and adds it to this list.
bumwank, calamity, recalcitrant, gayenese, jeeze, nonsense, flabbergasted, juxtapose, procrastinating, ossanity, biffing, loser and 1972 more...
1999 Â· 2000 Â· 2001 Â· 2002 Â· 2003 Â· 2004 Â· 2005 Â· 2006 Â· 2007 Â· 2008
Words I like!
( personal list, favorite words, randomness )
Looking for tweets for procrastination.