from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The characteristic of being remiss; carelessness; negligence; tardiness.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Quality or state of being remiss.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or character of being remiss; Blackness: carelessness; negligence; lack of ardor or vigor; lack of attention to any business, duty, or engagement in the proper time or with the requisite industry.
- n. Synonyms Oversight, etc. See negligence.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of being lax and neglectful
From remiss + -ness. (Wiktionary)