from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Lack of pity or compassion.
- n. An inhuman or cruel act.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The lack of compassion.
- n. An inhuman act.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being inhuman or inhumane; cruelty; barbarity.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or quality of being inhuman or inhumane; cruelty; barbarity.
- n. Synonyms Unkindness, brutality, ruthlessness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of lacking compassion or consideration for others
- n. an act of atrocious cruelty
Sorry, no etymologies found.