from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of eating another of one's own species.
- n. In speech, the occurrence of one word "eating" part or all of the next word, because the syllables ar the same. For example, "Look, an MIT shirt" for "Look, an MIT T-shirt".
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or practice of eating human flesh by mankind. Hence; Murderous cruelty; barbarity.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The eating of human flesh by human beings.
- n. Hence The eating of any animal by another individual of the same species.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the practice of eating the flesh of your own kind
Spanish: Canibalis: the name given by Christopher Columbus to the Caribs of Cuba and Haiti who allegedly ate human flesh. (Wiktionary)