from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of removing the testicles.
- n. Any act that removes power from a person (particularly a man) or entity.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of castrating.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of castrating, or state of being castrated.
- n. In botany: The removal of anthers in the artificial crossing of plants.
- n. The destruction of the pollen in the anthers of certain flowers by parasitic fungi, as in the case of Lychnis dioica and other silenaceous plants attacked by the smut, Ustilago violacea.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the deletion of objectionable parts from a literary work
- n. surgical removal of the testes or ovaries (usually to inhibit hormone secretion in cases of breast cancer in women or prostate cancer in men)
- n. neutering a male animal by removing the testicles
Sorry, no etymologies found.