from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or process of serving or aiding.
- n. The act of performing the duties of a cleric.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the act of ministering
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of ministering; service; ministry.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of ministering or serving; service.
- n. Administration; agency; intervention for aid or service.
- n. A religious service or other function.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. assistance in time of difficulty
Middle English, from Old French, from Latin ministrātiō, ministrātiōn-, from ministrātus, past participle of ministrāre, to serve, from minister, servant; see minister.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)