from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The condition or practice of having more than one husband at one time.
- n. Zoology A mating pattern in which a female mates with more than one male in a single breeding season.
- n. Botany The condition of being polyandrous.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. : The having of a plurality of husbands at the same time; usually, the marriage of a woman to more than one man, or the practice of having several husbands, at the same time.
- n. : The mating pattern whereby a female copulates with plural males.
- n. : Sexual relations with plural males, by a female or a male, human or non-human, within or without marriage.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The possession by a woman of more than one husband at the same time; -- contrasted with
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of having more husbands than one at the same time; plurality of husbands.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. having more than one husband at a time
poly- + -andry. (Wiktionary)