from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state or practice of having one husband at a time.
- n. Botany The condition of being monandrous.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The possession by a woman of only one husband at one time.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The possession by a woman of only one husband at the same time; -- contrasted with polyandry.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The monandrous state; the practice of having only one husband.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the state of having only one husband at a time
Sorry, no etymologies found.