from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a cognate relationship
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Relationship by blood; descent from the same original; kindred.
- n. Participation of the same nature.
- n. That tie of consanguinity which exists between persons descended from the same mother; -- used in distinction from
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Relationship by descent from the same pair, including both the male and the female lines. See agnation.
- n. Affinity by kindred origin.
- n. Affinity of any kind; resemblance in nature or character.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (anthropology) related by blood
- n. line of descent traced through the maternal side of the family
Sorry, no etymologies found.