from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The practice or condition of having only one wife at a time.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The practice of having one wife at the same time.
- n. The condition in ants of having only one queen at a time.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Marriage with the one woman only.
- n. The state or condition of being monogynous.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In zoology and anthropology, a mating with only one female or wife; the monogynous state: correlated with monandry.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. having only one wife at a time
Sorry, no etymologies found.