from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The legal status or condition of a villein.
- n. The legal tenure by which a villein held land.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being a villein.
- n. A feudal system involving villeins; serfdom.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A tenure of lands and tenements by base—that is, menial—services.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. tenure by which a villein held land
- n. the legal status or condition of servitude of a villein or feudal serf
villein + -age (Wiktionary)