from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An animal, such as a wild boar, that has tusks.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An animal, such as a bull elephant or a boar, with large tusks.
- n. A tool used in peat cutting.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An elephant having large tusks.
- n. A large wild boar.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A wild boar with large tusks.
- n. An elephant whose tusks are grown and retained.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any mammal with prominent tusks (especially an elephant or wild boar)
From tusk + -er. (Wiktionary)
From Old Norse torfskeri, from torf ("turf") + skera ("to cut"). (Wiktionary)