from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or condition of being savage.
- n. An act of violent cruelty.
- n. Savage behavior or nature; barbarity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the status of being savage
- n. a violent act of cruelty
- n. savage or brutal behaviour; barbarity
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of being savage; savageness; savagism.
- n. An act of cruelty; barbarity.
- n. Wild growth, as of plants.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Savage or uncivilized state or condition; a state of barbarism.
- n. Savage or barbarous nature, disposition, conduct, or actions; barbarity.
- n. Wild growth, as of plants; wildness, as of nature.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a brutal barbarous savage act
- n. the trait of extreme cruelty
- n. the property of being untamed and ferocious
Sorry, no etymologies found.