Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The religious beliefs and practices of pagans; religious opinion, worship, and conduct which is not Christian, Jewish, or Mohammedan.
- n. Indigenous and polytheistic religions.
- n. A class of religions often associated with nature rituals.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The state of being pagan; pagan characteristics; esp., the worship of idols or false gods, or the system of religious opinions and worship maintained by pagans; heathenism.
- n. any of various religions other than Christianity or Judaism or Islamism
“You know that paganism is the fastest growing broad religious ideology innot only America but also Canada, North and Western Europe and Japan?”
“But to sit there and claim we are surrounded by paganism is a bit rich, even for him.”
“And then there's the very idea that being "surrounded by paganism" is somehow a threat to America and our way of life.”
“Anyone with a passing interest in paganism/English folklore/Doctor Who actors in other roles should try and get hold of it.”
“If you are a pagan, you may not think pagans are better than everyone else, but you think paganism is a superior belief to every other.”
“Adler explained that paganism is a term that is used to refer to many worldwide religions that celebrate nature.”
“That the conquerors are not complaining that the conquered are rising up against their original war on paganism is quite ironic indeed.”
“Carducci's paganism is understandable to a Protestant, at least.”
“To counter the interest in paganism brought about by Dan Brown’s The Da Vinci Code?”
“As noted, paganism is on a longstanding slide; it hasn’t shown generation-to-generation staying power for centuries.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘paganism’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Looking for tweets for paganism.