from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state or quality of being ferocious; fierceness.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The condition of being ferocious.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Savage wildness or fierceness; fury; cruelty.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality of being ferocious; ferocious or fierce character or disposition; savage wildness or fierceness; fury; cruelty: as, the ferocity of barbarians.
- n. = Syn, Savageness, barbarity, inhumanity, ruthlessness, mercilessness, brutality.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the property of being wild or turbulent
From Latin ferox ("fierce"), from ferus ("wild, savage, fierce"). (Wiktionary)