from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A course that leads to warfare or battle.
- n. A hostile course or mood: The chef is on the warpath today.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a course of action that leads to battle or hostility
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The route taken by a party of Indians going on a warlike expedition.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Among the American Indians, the path or route followed by a war like expedition; also, the military undertaking itself.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. hostile or belligerent mood
- n. a course leading to warfare or battle
Sorry, no etymologies found.