from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Frivolous spending of time; dawdling.
- n. Playful flirtation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A sexual relationship, not serious but often illicit.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of dallying, trifling, or fondling; interchange of caresses; wanton play.
- n. Delay or procrastination.
- n. Entertaining discourse.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Familiar and easy conversation; idle talk; chat; gossip.
- n. A trifling away of time; delay; idle loitering.
- n. Play; sport; frolic; toying, as in the exchange of caresses; wantonness.
- n. The act of trifling, as with something tempting.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. playful behavior intended to arouse sexual interest
- n. the deliberate act of delaying and playing instead of working
From Middle English (Wiktionary)