from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a pet, person or inanimate object of fondling (see below verb)
- v. Present participle of fondle.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of caressing; manifestation of tenderness.
- n. A person or thing fondled or caressed; one treated with foolish or doting affection.
- n. A fool; a simpleton; a ninny.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A person who is fond or foolish; one of weak mind or character; a fool.
- n. A person or thing fondled or caressed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. affectionate play (or foreplay without contact with the genital organs)
From the obsolete verb to fond 'fondle' + -ling (Wiktionary)