from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Architecture A molding between the upper part of a column and the projecting part of the capital.
- n. Informal The act or practice of amorously kissing and caressing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of neck.
- n. A behavior among male giraffes where they hold combat for social dominance using their necks as weapons.
- n. A neckmould.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Same as neckmold.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In arch., the hypophyge or moldings often intervening between the projecting part of the capital of a column and the vertical part or shaft, as the annulets of the Doric capital: often used as a synonym of neck, though strictly a column may have a neck, but no necking. See cuts under capital and column.
- n. A neckhandkerchief or necktie.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. affectionate play (or foreplay without contact with the genital organs)
- n. the molding at the top of a column
Sorry, no etymologies found.