American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. An obsequious follower or dependent; a sycophant.
- n. A subordinate official, especially a servile one.
- n. One who is highly esteemed or favored; a darling.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which is beloved; a favorite; a darling.
- n. An intriguing favorite; one who gains grace by vile or unworthy means; a servile creature.
- n. Hence A pert or saucy girl or woman; one who is too bold or forward; a minx.
- n. A small printing-type, about 10½ lines to the inch, intermediate between the sizes nonpareil (smaller) and brevier (larger).
- n. A type of cannon in use in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries.
- Fine; trim; dainty; delicate.
- n. An obsolete variant of minium.
- n. The sittings of ironstone after calcination at the iron-furnaces.
- n. A loyal servant of another, usually a more powerful being.
- n. A sycophantic follower
- adj. Favoured, beloved; "pet".
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. obsolete Minimum.
- n. obsolete A loved one; one highly esteemed and favored; -- in a good sense.
- n. An obsequious or servile dependent or agent of another; a fawning favorite.
- n. (Print.) A small kind of type, in size between brevier and nonpareil.
- n. obsolete An ancient form of ordnance, the caliber of which was about three inches.
- adj. obsolete Fine; trim; dainty.
- n. a servile or fawning dependant
- 1490, from Middle French mignon ("lover, royal favourite, darling"), from Old French mignot ("dainty, pleasing, gentle, kind"), from Frankish *minnjo (“love, friendship, affection, memory”), from Proto-Germanic *minþiō, *mindiō (“affectionate thought, care”), from Proto-Indo-European *men-, *mnā- (“to think”). Cognate with Old High German minnja ("love, care, affection, desire, memory"), Old Saxon minnea ("love"). More at mind. (Wiktionary)
- French mignon, darling, from Old French mignot, mignon. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Her greatest sources of comfort and confidence come from her smoking hot, super-supportive boyfriend, a reformed super-villain minion known as Thugboy, and her best friend, the hard-partying, ass-kicking Ninjette.”
“Stormtroopers versus Borg in a fight to see which expendable minion is the most expendable?”
“A minion is of a power level equivalent to any other monster except it has only one hit point.”
“They believe the opportunity to destroy malevolent vampire Samos and his minion is near; so assassin Jaz Parks and her vampiric supervisor Vayl plan on the hit.”
“This hard-working minion is sick to death of the haters, whiners, and know-it-alls who have already written off the Obama presidency before it even begins.”
“Considering the sample first level characters have been no higher than AC19, with (at most) a +6 to hit AC or +4 to hit the various defense, that minion is likely to be missed 75% or more of the time, and capable of hitting back 85% of the time for the squishy classes, or 75% of the time for the front line classes.”
“The beautiful attendant rose and cleared the remains of his filet minion from the white wicker table.”
“I called a minion at the department who said I should call the main number, and then when I told her that it wasn't an option on the main menu, she hung up on me.”
“A minion is mostly likely a TWAC, but not all listeners are minions or TWACs.”
“Duke of Joyeuse -- his foremost and bravest "minion" -- by the Count of”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘minion’.
A complete Barron's Wordlist for GRE preparation. Your online flashcard replacement.
Collected from reading
Words with definitions that have a "hence" in them.
Words I heard while watching TV. Could be anything.
COLLECT FROM DIFFERENT PAPERS,WEBSITES,BOOKS AND MOVIES.
The new favourite words of people on Twitter.
A script searches Twitter for "X is my new favorite word" and adds it to this list.
grabbable, retuiteando, leaving, fantastic, absolutely, kurwa, hella, ridic, underpass, hate, interlude, plush and 2369 more...
My big word list.
words that evoke magic, mystery, mayhem, magnificence or anything else that glimmers in the grass
Looking for tweets for minion.