from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A sycophant; a parasite.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who hangs on, or sticks to, a person, place, or service; a dependent; one who adheres to others’ society longer than he is wanted. - Oliver Goldsmith
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who hangs on, or sticks to, a person, place, or service; a dependent; one who adheres to others' society longer than he is wanted.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who hangs upon a person, company, etc.; one who clings to the society of others longer than he is wanted; a dependent; a parasite.
- n. In coal-mining, the man who runs the cars or trams on to the cages and gives the signal to hoist.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who persistently (and annoyingly) follows along
Compare German Anhänger ("follower"). (Wiktionary)