from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An occasion on which something, such as a song or show, is played.
- v. Present participle of play.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- a. & vb. n. of play.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of playing a musical instrument
- n. the action of taking part in a game or sport or other recreation
- n. the performance of a part or role in a drama
play + -ing (Wiktionary)