from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of spray.
- n. The act by which something is sprayed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Specifically, in ceramics, the process of applying color or glaze to the surface of ware in spray blown from an atomizer. By this means different colors may be blended in the ground tinting, as in Rook-wood pottery.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the dispersion of fungicides or insecticides or fertilizer on growing crops (often from a low-flying aircraft)
- n. the application of a liquid in the form of small particles ejected from a sprayer
- n. a quantity of small objects flying through the air
spray + -ing (Wiktionary)