from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Gambling, especially casino gambling.
- n. The playing of games, especially video games.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of game.
- n. The business of offering games of chance for money.
- n. Playing a game with a video interface.
- n. Careful, strategic use of rules to achieve one's purposes, as one would use the rules of a game.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or practice of playing games for stakes or wagers; gambling.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Playing for stakes; gambling
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of playing for stakes in the hope of winning (including the payment of a price for a chance to win a prize)
Sorry, no etymologies found.