American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Gambling, especially casino gambling.
- n. The playing of games, especially video games.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Playing for stakes; gambling. In law: An agreement between two or more to risk money on a contest or chance of any kind where one must be a loser and the other a gainer. Caruthers, J.
- v. present participle of game.
- n. gambling The business of offering games of chance for money.
- n. gaming Playing a game with a video interface.
- n. Careful, strategic use of rules to achieve one's purposes, as one would use the rules of a game.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The act or practice of playing games for stakes or wagers; gambling.
- n. the act of playing for stakes in the hope of winning (including the payment of a price for a chance to win a prize)
“What I want to see in gaming is real characters, in gaming its just stereotypes at the moment.”
“My personal bet for the next wave of popularity in gaming is a brand of MMORPGs without the monotonous levelling-up process.”
“The word gaming puts ‘foo-foo dust,’ as we used to say in the Army, on a business that bilks the poor and traps the unwary with ‘something for nothing.’”
“The use of the word gaming is an attempt to make a serious business seem like fun.”
“Getting the right computer for your PC game The term gaming may sound like fun, but there's more work involved than you would imagine.”
“My understanding, after working with these materials for more than five years, is that state officialdom, when hoping to sound professional and clinical, uses the term gaming as having an ameliorative sense.”
“I pondered this question and the possible answers and came to the conclusion that while I am still young at heart and still very much in love with video games, multiplayer gaming is the future and that gaming in general really was never meant to be just a single player experience … (more …) posted by Biscuits at 4: 45 pm”
“But, of course, mostly we hear the word gaming, not gambling.”
“I pondered this question and the possible answers and came to the conclusion that while I am still young at heart and still very much in love with video games, multiplayer gaming is the future and that gaming in general really was never meant to be just a single player experience …”
“Here, as we go down the road, we used the word "gaming.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘gaming’.
A Russian Doll word is a word that, when you remove the first and last letters, is either the empty string, or a Russian Doll word. These are all of the 6 or more letter Russian Doll words found in...
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
An obnoxious and ridiculous madlib list where verbish '-ing' words fill in the blank wherein the blank is a call for a beating.
"You're ________in' for a brus...
Looking for tweets for gaming.