from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A frame, framework, or system of frames.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of frame.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act, process, or style of putting together a frame, or of constructing anything; a frame; that which frames.
- n. A framework, or a sy� of frames.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The manner or style of putting together.
- n. A framework or frame; a system of frames.
- n. In metallurgical operations, a process of separating the slime, as received from the trunk, into grades according to value. Also called ragging. See framingtable.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. formulation of the plans and important details
- n. a framework that supports and protects a picture or a mirror
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The absurdity in the framing is the idea that “demand” for this kind of thing is in any way new, when we had wave after wave of asset bubbles of this kind that repeatedly rocked the financial system from the rise of corporate capitalism after the Civil War through to the establishment of the New Deal system of financial regulation.
Another framing is around the issue of public accountability and scientific evidence.
The camera is objective enough in framing the size of the structure, in presenting its countless lifeless and identical compartments, but again the horror arises from the severe possibility of disenfranchisement gone awry.
But the long-term framing of the debate over spending and debt is be...
Its intrinsic merit entitles it to this high rank; and the part two of its authors performed in framing the constitution, put it very much in their power to explain the views with which it was framed ...
Ethnocentric framing is an outdated attempt at racism.
Brad Plumer and Julia Whitty bring us the results of a neat social psychology experiment which proves that people are dumb framing is really important.
We see on the screen how poor the Haitians are, but that is not the main framing of the story.
Yup, that lag, and the difficulties in framing things properly, is what led me to pitch my old digital snapshooter for a Pentax dSLR (that and being able to use my old lenses).
Be as particular and as specific as you can be in framing your applications: for one post, your Spanish might be the deciding factor; for another, your French; for a third, your teaching experience and so on.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.