from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the combined use of several media: a multimedia installation at the art gallery.
- adj. Computer Science Of or relating to an application that can combine text, graphics, full-motion video, and sound into an intergrated package.
- n.pl. The combined use of media, such as movies, music, lighting, CD-ROMs, and the Internet, as for education or entertainment.
- n.pl. The combined use of media, such as television, radio, print, and the Internet, as for advertising or publicity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the use of different media to convey information; text together with audio, graphics and animation, often packaged on CD-ROM with links to the Internet
- adj. of, or relating to this combined use of media
- adj. of, or relating to an application that can combine such media into an integrated package
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. transmission that combine media of communication (text and graphics and sound etc.)
Sorry, no etymologies found.