from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A piece of paper with rows and columns for recording financial data for use in comparative analysis.
- n. Computer Science An accounting or bookkeeping program that displays data in rows and columns on a screen.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A sheet of paper, marked with a grid, in which financial data is recorded and totals calculated manually.
- n. A computer simulation of such a system of recording tabular data, with totals and other formulas calculated automatically.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a screen-oriented interactive program enabling a user to lay out financial data on the screen
Sorry, no etymologies found.