American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- An ancient country of southwest Asia in present-day northwest Iran. Settled by an Indo-European people, it became part of the Assyrian Empire and was conquered c. 550 B.C. by Cyrus the Great, who added it to the Persian Empire.
- n. a historical region in northwestern Iran, originally inhabited by the Medes
- n. territories corresponding to the empire ruled by dynasts from Media
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Phonetics) One of the sonant mutes β, δ, γ (b, d, g), in Greek, or of their equivalents in other languages, so named as intermediate between the
tenues, π, τ, κ (p, t, k), and the aspiratæ (aspirates) φ, θ, χ (ph or f, th, ch). Also called middle mute, or medial, and sometimes soft mute.
- From Ancient Greek Μῆδος (Mēdos), from Mada (vocalization uncertain), the Median language self-designator signifying speakers of the Median language. Compare Old Persian 𐎶𐎠𐎭 (Māda). (Wiktionary)
“In recent months, Jonathon Adelstein and Andy Burnham, media watchdogs at the US's FCC and the UK's Department for Culture, Media, and Sport, respectively, have echoed Hoover about another type of ad creep -- product placement.”
“Consider that just as AAUW released its report, the big news about women in the media -- as reported by Women in Media and the News -- was that the reality-TV show "America's Next Top Model" was running an episode featuring the scarily thin competitors posing as victims in a shoot about murder and suicide.”
“KURTZ: Joining me now in New York, Ray Richmond, media and entertain columnist for "The Hollywood Reporter"; Jennifer Pozner, executive director of Women in Media and News; and in Seattle, Michael Medved, movie critic and host of "The Michael Medved Show" on the Salem Radio Network.”
“The electronic media, in particular television, was commended by the Media”
“BULAWAYO Zimbabwe - Governments in southern Africa are harming media rights despite significant moves toward democracy, the Media”
“The IEC asks that press releases received at media offices, purporting to come from IEC officials and promising that bonuses will be paid out to monitors at IEC offices, be disregarded or at least verified with the Media”
“* Advanced media player for videos, pictures and music, a 3.5 mm stereo headset jack and support for the Bluetooth® Stereo Audio Profile (A2DP/AVCRP) * BlackBerry® Media Sync for easily syncing photos as well as iTunes® and Windows Media®”
“Requiring no desktop application and eliminating the need for installing proprietary software for each and every mobile device, Dazzboard provides the most elegant solution for media synchronisation, discovery, consumption and sharing between all your Devices, Media, Services,”
“Requiring no desktop application and eliminating the need for installing proprietary software for each and every mobile device, Dazzboard provides the most elegant solution for media synchronisation, discovery, consumption and sharing between all your Devices, Media, Services, Cloud Storages”
“In respect to how much influence the National Lesbian and Gay Journalists Association has in respect to the media coverage of homosexuality the organization [[Accuracy in Media]] reported the following in relation to the groups 1999 annual convention: "In his keynote speech, journalist Charles Kaiser boasted that" the editor and the publisher of every major news organization in America, except for [[Peter Jennings]]”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Media’.
The proper names of stars. Don't list people, people.
1. Strictly EU terms with special European meaning used only in the EU
2. Keywords central to the understanding of the EU (people working for the EU are usually able to give thematic...
Looking for tweets for Media.