from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of prolonging.
- n. That which has been prolonged; an extension.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of lengthening in space or in time; extension; protraction.
- n. That which forms an additional length.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of prolonging, or lengthening in time or space: as, the prolongation of a line.
- n. A part prolonged; an extension: as, the prolongation of a mountain-range.
- n. Extension of time by delay or postponement.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. amount or degree or range to which something extends
- n. the act of prolonging something
- n. the consequence of being lengthened in duration
prolong + -ation (Wiktionary)