from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being adjourned.
- n. The action of adjourning.
- n. Ampliatio.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of adjourning; the putting off till another day or time specified, or without day.
- n. The time or interval during which a public body adjourns its sittings or postpones business.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of postponing or deferring.
- n. The act of discontinuing a meeting of a public or private body or the transaction of any business until a fixed date or indefinitely. The period during which a public body adjourns its sittings: as, during an adjournment of six weeks.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of postponing to another time or place
- n. the termination of a meeting
Sorry, no etymologies found.