from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A delay, as a formal delay in a proceeding.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of postponing; a deferring, or putting off, to a future time; a temporary delay.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of postponing, or deferring to a future time; temporary delay.
- n. The act of placing after or below in importance or esteem; a subordinating.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. time during which some action is awaited
- n. act of putting off to a future time
Sorry, no etymologies found.