American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The act of stopping or the condition of being stopped; a halt: called for a work stoppage.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of stopping, in any sense, or the state of being stopped; especially, a stopping of motion or procedure.
- n. A deduction made from pay or allowances to repay advances, etc.
- n. A pause or halt of some activity.
- n. Something that forms an obstacle to continued activity, a blockage.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The act of stopping, or arresting progress, motion, or action; also, the state of being stopped
- n. an obstruction in a pipe or tube
- n. the state of inactivity following an interruption
- n. the act of stopping something
“Hey, Chris, get down from your high horse and instead of chastising us "Soccer Snobs" for using the term stoppage time, why not get your fellow anchors to actually pronounce players names correctly when reading the highlights.”
“Mathieu Debuchy's winner in stoppage time gave Lille a 3-2 victory over champion Marseille in the French league on Saturday and improved his team's chances of securing a Champions League spot.”
“Only a brilliant reaction save from Forster in stoppage time, after a Jennison Myrie-Williams shot was deflected, halted a stunning comeback.”
“Another stoppage is planned for Monday with a two-day strike threatened for much of the following weekend.”
“The stoppage is but the latest frustration for bond investors, who have wrestled for more than three years with a market in disarray.”
“During Friday's state-of-the-league address, Goodell took a more hopeful tone than his union counterpart, insisting a new CBA without a work stoppage is the obligation of an $8-billion-a-year industry.”
“The idea that ownership would want a work stoppage is absolutely false," Goodell said.”
“A work stoppage is not a positive outcome for anybody for any side," Goodell said.”
“Down 2-1 in stoppage time, a Columbus corner kick hit a defender and bounced right to Hesmer, who happened to be just seven yards away from the goal.”
“Boxx's bending shot in stoppage time forced Norwegian goalkeeper Erika Skarboe to make her best save of the night.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘stoppage’.
nuclear fuel, nuclear arsenal, nuclear equipment, AWACS, anti-missile shield, battlefield opera..., communication sys..., community communi..., control system, functionality log..., Missile Technolog..., NBC Warning and R... and 302 more...
Looking for tweets for stoppage.